Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites in the world. It allows you to connect with people all over the globe and share your thoughts, photos, and videos. However, it is also important to maintain your privacy while using Facebook. One way to do this is to hide your friends list from others. In this blog post, we will guide you through the steps on how to do this.
Step 1: Log in to your Facebook account.
Step 2: Navigate to your profile page.
Step 3: Click on the “Friends” tab located under your profile picture.
Step 4: Click on the pencil icon located at the top right corner of your friends list.
Step 5: Select “Edit Privacy” from the drop-down menu.
Step 6: You will see a section labeled “Who can see your friends list?” There, you can choose who can see your friends list. You can choose from the following options:
- Public: Anyone on or off Facebook can see your friends list.
- Friends: Only your Facebook friends can see your friends list.
- Only Me: No one but you can see your friends list.
Step 7: Once you have selected the privacy setting you want, click on “Close” to save the changes.
Congratulations! You have successfully hidden your friends list on Facebook. Remember that you can always change your privacy settings at any time.
In addition to hiding your friends list, there are other steps you can take to protect your privacy on Facebook. Here are a few tips:
- Be mindful of what you post: Think twice before sharing personal information or sensitive topics on Facebook.
- Check your privacy settings: Make sure you regularly review and update your privacy settings to ensure that you are only sharing information with the people you want to.
- Be cautious of friend requests: Be careful of who you accept friend requests from on Facebook. Only accept requests from people you know and trust.
- Use a strong password: Use a strong password that is difficult to guess and change it regularly.
By following these tips and hiding your friends list on Facebook, you can enjoy using the platform while maintaining your privacy.